A complex of works on the power supply and automation systems for the Bandura oil extraction plant
The cooperation between S-Engineering and the Bandura Oil Extraction Plant* was thorough and multifaceted. And this interaction is at the final stage.
During the reconstruction of the plant’s steam supply system and the installation of a cogeneration unit with a capacity of 13.315 MW, S-Engineering specialists implemented a range of works on the power supply, and automation systems.
It included the development of a project for power electrical equipment, automation, and lighting systems for the facility, as well as manufacturing, supply of equipment, installation and commissioning.
S-Engineering specialists have developed, manufactured, and delivered to the site the following equipment:
- Main switchboard 5000A, which was produced at the facilities of the S-Engineering plant using Siemens Sivacon S8 technology.
- Power control panels for boilers, fuel supply, electrostatic precipitators, cooling towers, circulating water supply, and auxiliary equipment.
- DC supply panel, complete with 170Ah rechargeable batteries and charging and rectifying devices.
- Automation system equipment and signal collection field cabinets.
- Lighting system equipment
- And more.
The main equipment for the reconstruction of the steam supply system of the Bandura oil extraction plant includes two steam boilers and a steam turbine. The substantive fuel for steam boilers is sunflower husk. Electrical energy is generated by a turbine generator when its rotor is turned around by steam from steam boilers, which burn sunflower husks. The thermal energy of the steam from the turbine extractions is directed to the technological needs of the plant.
The equipment manufactured, supplied, and installed by S-Engineering plays a key role in the technological control of boilers, turbines, and auxiliary areas, ensures operational safety, continuous power supply for critical consumers. Biomass (sunflower husk) is a renewable energy source. Today biomass is actively used as a fuel in many countries of Europe and the world. In Ukraine, at the legislative level, favorable conditions are also created to stimulate the production of electric and thermal energy using renewable sources.
* “Bandura Oil Extraction Plant” — an enterprise that produces sunflower oil. It is part of the Kernel group of companies. The OEP was created on the basis of elevator capacities, located in the village of Bandurka, Mykolaiv region. Processing capacity — 528 thousand tons of seeds per year.