The unique project for Ukraine at the Poltava Mining and Processing Plant
12 Jan 2022
S-Engineering completed a unique project for Ukraine at the Poltava Mining and Processing Plant. One of the warehouses upgraded the fuel metering system at a car filling station. An automatic control system (ACS) was developed and implemented for filling stations based on a programmable controller, Siemens software, and instrumentation manufactured by Siemens, Aplisens, and Vega.
The S-Engineering team has developed a system that responds to the requests of the regulatory authorities of Ukraine and responds to the requests of the Poltava Mining and Processing Plant. We have developed a system made from certified industrial type instrumentation. Our specialists have developed software for this system and requested its certification in the State Enterprise “UKRMETRTESTSTANDART”.
The automated process control system of a car filling station is associated with the following task:
– automated, remote (from the operator’s gas station) control of the technological process of fuel shipment according to specified algorithms;
– continuous monitoring of the level of fuel and commercial water in five tanks;
– continuous control of fuel temperature, fuel consumption in five tanks;
– continuous control of pressure in five tanks;
– presentation of information on the course of the technological process;
– formation of an event log and reports with the possibility of printing.
– data exchange taking into account enterprise databases.
The automation system was built on PLC S7-1200 basis from Siemens. The controller performs the functions of control, diagnostics, and measurement of the main parameters.
The ACS provides automatic control of the fuel loading process from the filling station operator’s station. The operator workstation displays process parameters, status, diagnostic signals, and messages. All control commands, warnings and alarms signals, bloom by the operator, are accompanied by a timestamp with registration in the event log.
S-Engineering has a long-standing partnership with Poltava Mining and Processing Plant. At different times during the entire period of cooperation, our company performed various types of work: from designing reconstruction to performing turnkey work during the construction of multiple plant facilities.
*Poltava Mining and Processing Plant (https://www.ferrexpo.ua/) is a producer and exporter of iron ore pellets used in ferrous metallurgy and steel production. Located in the Poltava region, detained in 1970. The company employs about 8,000 people. S-Engineering has been cooperating with Poltava Mining and Processing Plant since 2013.